Green Magic Homes is a patented and revolutionary construction system for Earth-Sheltered Homes made with cutting-edge polymeric compounds and aero-space technology which offers the ability to live integrated in nature, with total comfort and high energy savings at very affordable prices.
Our “elevational” bermed design layouts consist of an exposed elevation or face of the house orientated for passive solar gains, allowing the sun to light and heat the interior while soil covers the other sides and roof to protect and insulate the unit. The floor plans are arranged to allow common areas and bedrooms to share heat and light.
The inside of the house is constructed to take advantage of the solar gain and alternative energy efficiency, along with providing the convenience of traditional construction.
The earth surrounding the house provides excellent soundproofing, protects against the impact of extreme outdoor temperatures, requires less outside maintenance, blends into the landscape more harmoniously than a conventional home, and offers exceptional protection against high winds, hailstorms, and natural disasters.
Rolled matrix drainage system
Soil berm with reinforced mortar core
Geocell soil confinement system
Organic fiber erosion control layer
Native vegetation & irrigation – when needed
Galvanized steel aircraft cable tethers
French drain system
Basalt fiber rebar
Microfiber reinforced concrete slab
Foam seal sill plate gasket
Wall fastening – Anchors & Adhesives
Stainless steel flange connections
- Manufactured with high-strength FRP.
- Ample spaces with 11 ft / 3.36M ceilings.
- High durability (50+ years).
- Stable internal temperatures.
- Between 50% – 70% less energy demand than conventional units.
GMH Construction Costs
There are 2 basic costs that affect your investment. The percentages can vary substantially depending on your country, the cost of labor, transportation and the cost of materials.
Building & Finishes
The GMH system includes
Green Magic Homes provides the Structural Fiber Reinforced Polymer Component and the fastening systems and adhesives that make up the units. We also provide a complete set of floor plans of pre-planned or customized designs, with all the details of the technology, structural calculation reports, finite element models, foundation designs, and mechanicals (hydraulic, electrical and water sewing floor plans).
These are the steps that take place in the construction of a project with Green Magic Homes technology.
- Our high performance construction system complies natively with Passive House Standards – a set of high energy efficiency methods and practices that reduce a building’s ecological footprint.
- On hot summer days the units are cooler than conventional buildings due to its high thermal insulation that keeps the heat out. On warm days the heat stays inside and the maintains the temperature warm and comfortable.
- The GMH Agrotunnels now use Cellular Concrete, the ideal lightweight, low-density material solution for the berm that offers high quality, a strong cost/value advantage, good thermal and acoustic insulation, and it is fireproof, insect-proof, and waterproof.
- Cellular Concrete is produced with high tech equipment by adding externally generated foam to a concrete slurry to reduce density and deliver a mixture with consistent and precise viscosity while allowing the operator full control and the flexibility to tailor the foam to suit their exact needs. The mix is enhanced with acrylic fibers to increase resistance and very sophisticated waterproofing agents.
- Our patented technology slope system assembles on-site around the unit to create the retention berm.
- Once deployed, the system cells are then filled with Cellular Concrete to give the units a solid and resistant structure in a very quick manner.
- The slope can be finished in a few hours, right after the panels are assembled, allowing a unit to be completed in a matter of days.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE CLOSED-CELL FOAM INSULATION
- A blanket of eco-friendly soy and recycled plastics based polyurethane closed-cell spray foam insulation which has the highest R-value in the industry covers the entire unit.
- This high-performing formula is used to create a specialized engineered watertight building envelope with high thermal resistance, which provides an excellent air barrier and a recognized vapor retarder.
- A single spray foam application is enough to attain high-performance and energy efficiency while saving time and money in construction and maintenance costs.
WANT TO BUILD
GREEN MAGIC HOMES IN YOUR AREA?
We are proud to introduce our Green Magic Homes Certified Builder Program. If you are a builder or construction company who wants to be involved in exciting new Green building projects, we invite you to become a Green Magic Homes Certified Builder and a Supplier of GMH technology in your area.
For more information click here